Friday 1 February 2013

Movie 43 Review



http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2-new-uk-posters-for-movie-43-with-emma-stone-hugh-jackman-johnny-knoxville-more/movie-43-poster-2/
When I logged onto the 'Cineworld' website, I noticed Movie 43. I decided to read up on the film, when I saw the synopsis reading: A series of interconnected short films follows a washed-up producer as he pitches hilariousand insane story lines featuring some of the biggest stars in Hollywood.’ Needless to say; I was very intrigued; but unsure how it would work. So, this was a must watch for me.

Very optimistic as I venture to my seat; expecting nothing but a great film, and one which was to contribute massively to the comedy genre.

How wrong was I.

This film or should I say, 'a series of interconnected shortfilms'; starred big names such as Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman and Sean William Scott. However, this great line up could not make up for that fact that each clip had no relevance to one another. To be frank, it was a very strange and confusing movie. Don’t get me wrong, some of the short clips were humorous for a short while and some I found just downright weird; as myself and the rest of the audience stared blankly at the screen.

I honestly think Movie 43 is potentially career ending; think of it as abroken leg in football, it is that bad. I don't know how they managed to get some huge names, to star in this car crash of a film. Fortunately, those few who have films coming out in due course, can consider themselves lucky; a chance to redeem themselves.

Twelve short clips cannot contribute to a film based on thethe world ending, especially given none of the clips relate with each other in the slightest. To say this is the worst film I've ever seen, would be an understatement. It is an embarrassment to the comedy genre.

Putting the stories aside, I did notice a few continuity errorsand working in this area, it really is something I look out for. One that particularly bugged me, was the size of the video call on the Apple Mac; it kept alternating from small screen to full screen.

I found the humor quite patronizing really, clearly aimed at a 14/15 year old teenagers. In one clip, Hugh Jackman has balls hanging from his neck and a pubic hair in his soup; which he is obviously going to eat. From a superb performance in Les MiserĂ¡bles to this disaster; big things were expected but it was nothing but a disappointment.

Overall, Movie 43 has no structure whatsoever. The plot; if you can even call it that, is meaningless. The narrative does not follow the traditional, linear structure as it barely has a story at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+